<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Home > Archive: January, 2013

Archive for January, 2013

Talked to the Dr today

January 31st, 2013 at 11:01 am

Quick update. Still no job but I have 4 companies that I have done technical interviews with so I am expecting a few offers within the next day or 2. More importantly, we went over the wife's MRI with the Dr and she has a bone disorder which is not cancerous or serious in most cases. Basically it is a disorder which weakens the bone and can replace bone tissue with damaged bone tissue. As long as it doens't mess with her Optic nerve, it should be ok but she will have to get a CT scan every year to monitor it. In rare cases, surgery is required. We were able to dig up an CT scan from 2005 and we were able to compare it to the current CT scan / MRI and it has not progressed over the past 7 yrs so that is a good sign


January 25th, 2013 at 05:05 pm

Well, It has been a tough month but I don't really have any updates. We finally got my wife's MRI and then went to her Dr to discuss it. He had not even looked at anything prior to us coming in so bottom line, he couldn't tell us anything and we will have to wait until next week to know more. I am still without a job and it is getting frustrating, the only people who call me are Indian head hunters who call me about jobs only remotely related to what I do. I did go on a few interviews including to one in Nashville. Luckily it was the same weekend that my motorcycle club was having an event in Nashville so I got to go to that for free!!! I am pretty much out of money. I have about 3k in a 401k which I am trying to get but my old company still has me listed as an active employee so they won't release it to me. The hospital also owes me about 1k as we overpaided for my wifes hospital visit. As you can guess, they aren't just handing over the money, they are making me jump through some hoops. 2 jobs that I had in the past came open again, both of them will require me to move but if that is what it takes, that is what I will do. I am also interviewing with a few companies which will allow me to stay in Fla. One of them made me do an on-line software demo. I spent 25hrs preparing this thing and they wait 4 days to tell me that maybe I can do the next interview with them late next week. I origionally talked with them before Thanksgiving. I am getting a bit pissed at them as they are dicking around. I have turned down 2 jobs already waiting on them. (both the ones I turned down would have required me to move to horrible places). I also got a call from an HR guy from a company near Cleveland, I must have been at a low point when I applied to that one. He called me at 9am and asked mw why I want to move to Cleveland. Umm, I couldn't really come up with a reason so I doubt he will call back!. Anyhow hopefully things will pick up next week and we will get good results from the Dr.